Documentation is a part of a software product that describes its functionalities, operational environment, system requirements, aspects of administering, and configuration. Well-prepared documentation becomes an additional tool that creates positive user experience.
Documentation plays a significant part in the marketing, since the products that have guidelines are more user friendly. Clients get the product with the reliable information source that explains how to install and configure the software, and how to use it in the most efficient way. If users have questions, they can find answers in the documentation instead of calling technical support or browsing forums.
Contact us to get your documentation up and running:
- Developing project documentation from scratch.
- Creating internal and external documentation.
- Writing guides for all user categories.
- Updating obsolete documentation.
- Writing in English and other languages.
The documentation process includes the following steps:
- Analyzing a project.
- Discussing requirements.
- Choosing tools and setting up a working environment.
- Writing texts and verifying their accuracy.
- Generating output in required formats.
- Updating documentation when required.